Robert E. Levasseur, Ph.D., received his doctorate in Applied Management and Decision Sciences from Walden University in 2004. He has since served on the faculty at Walden, both full and part time, in the School of Management, and concurrently in the Schools of Counseling and Social Services and Public Policy and Administration. In addition to mentoring doctoral students and serving on dissertation committees, Dr. Levasseur teaches Foundations of Doctoral Study, Data Analysis/Statistics, Leadership and Organizational Change, and Global Supply Chain Management in the doctoral program. He also teaches doctoral level courses in Research Methods, Strategic Leadership, and Managing Change, and serves on dissertation committees for learners at Northcentral University. Previously, Dr. Levasseur taught numerous qualitative and quantitative management courses, both online and in the classroom, in a variety of schools, including Boston University, University of Maryland University College, the University of the Virgin Islands, and Franklin University. Prior to earning his Ph.D., Dr. Levasseur held many professional and leadership positions in major US corporations during a business career that spanned three decades. His research interests include leadership and organizational change, the application of quantitative methods to decision making, high performance team development, collaborative meeting management, and organization development/ change management. Dr. Levasseur is the author of six books and numerous articles.
Management Decision Making, MBA Program
Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D., in Applied Management and Decision Sciences, Walden University, Minneapolis, USA, 2004
Master of Science, M.Sc., in Management, MIT Sloan School, Cambridge, USA, 1973
Master of Science, M.Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, USA, 1971
Bachelor of Science, B.Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA, 1968
Bachelor of Arts, B.A. in Physics, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, USA, 1967
Fox Consulting Group, Inc, Annapolis, USA, 1986 - 2003
Co-Founder, Senior Consultant, Senior Partner working towards the design, development, and implementation of a variety of individual, team, and organizational transformations for small to Fortune-50 companies, and for nonprofits
Digital Equipment Corporation, Maynard, USA, 1974 – 1990
Positions held: Senior Organization Consultant, Corporate Manager, Digital Management Education Group Manager, Management Sciences , Senior Manager, Management Sciences, Manager, Management Sciences Management Scientist
Walden University, School of Management, Minneapolis, USA, 2003 – present
Professor of Management and Doctoral Mentor
University of the Virgin Islands, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, 2003
Visiting Assistant Professor of Management, Undergraduate courses in Decision Sciences, Production & Operations Management, Statistics for Management Decisions
Adjunct Faculty at the following Institutions:
- Northcentral University, Prescott Valley, USA, 2009-present
- International School of Management, Paris, France, 2008 – present
- Franklin University, Columbus, USA, 2008 – Present
- University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, USA, 2002 – 2004
- Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, USA, 2000 – 2003
- Boston University, Boston, USA, 1974 - 1979
- Dissertation Research: An Integrative Approach (St. Augustine, Florida: MindFire Press, 2011).
- “People Skills: Marketing OR/MS—A People Problem,” Interfaces, Volume 37, Number 4, July-August 2007.
- Leadership and Change in the 21st Century: A Synthesis of Modern Theory, Research, and Practice (Annapolis, Maryland: MindFire Press, 2006).
- Practical Statistics (Annapolis, Maryland: MindFire Press, 2006).
- Student to Scholar: The Guide for Doctoral Students (Annapolis, Maryland: MindFire Press, 2006).
- “12 Ideas for Dramatically Improving Your Next Meeting,” MindFire Press, October 2006, pp. 1-9.
- “People Skills: Change Management Tools—Leading Teams,” Interfaces, Volume 35, Number 2, March-April 2005, pp. 179-180.
- “The Impact of a Transforming Leadership Style on Follower Performance and Satisfaction: A Meta-Analysis,” Doctoral Dissertation, Walden University, Ann Arbor: UMI Dissertation Services, May 2004.
- “Open System Theory and Organizations,” Futurics, Volume 28, Numbers 1 & 2, 2004, pp. 79-85.
- “People Skills: Change Management Tools—The Modern Leadership Model,” Interfaces, Volume 34, Number 2, March-April 2004, pp. 147-148.
- “People Skills: Change Management Tools—Ideal State Analysis,” Interfaces, Volume 32, Number 4, July-August 2002, pp. 84-85.
- “People Skills: Change Management Tools—Lewin's Change Model,” Interfaces, Volume 31, Number 4, July-August 2001, pp. 71-73.
- “Five Ways to Involve and Energize Your Students,” Teaching for Success, March 2001, pp. 4-5.
- Golf Secrets for High Handicappers (Bloomington, Indiana: 1stBooks Library, 2001).
- “People Skills: Launching a Cooperative Learning Team,” Interfaces, Volume 26, Number 6, November-December 1996, pp. 112-116.
- “Breaking the Silence: 10 Ways to Improve Input in Your Next Small Meeting,” Successful Meetings, December 1995, pp. 61-63.
- Breakthrough Business Meetingsä: Shared Leadership in Action (Holbrook, Massachusetts: Bob Adams, Inc., 1994; Lincoln, Nebraska: iUniverse.com, Inc., 2000).
- “People Skills: Students ¾ Don’t Make the Grade but Miss the Point,” Interfaces, Volume 24, Number 4, July-August 1994, pp. 126-128.
- “People Skills: How to Improve the Odds of a Successful Project Implementation,” Interfaces, Volume 23, Number 4, July-August 1993, pp. 85-87.
- “People Skills: The Need to Change ¾ Problem or Opportunity?” Interfaces, Volume 22, Number 3, May-June 1992, pp. 115-116.
- “People Skills: What Every Professional Should Know about Designing and Managing Meetings,” Interfaces, Volume 22, Number 2, March-April 1992, pp. 11-14.
- “People Skills: Effective Communication¾A Critical Skill for MS/OR Professionals,” Interfaces, Volume 21, Number 2, March-April 1991, pp. 22-24.
- “People Skills: Self-Awareness ¾ A Critical Skill for MS/OR Professionals,” Interfaces, Volume 21, Number 1, January-February 1991, pp. 130-133.
- Organization Development Institute (Registered O. D. Consultant)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- System Dynamics Society
- Unites States Golf Teachers Federation
- Authors Guild
- As a Contributing Editor of INTERFACES, an international journal of INFORMS (The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), have written a “People Skills” column and reviewed guest submissions for the column since 1991.