Prof. Chirino-Klevans, PhD
Dr. Chirino-Klevans is an expert in Global Executive Education. She has held executive positions such as Assistant Dean of Executive Education for the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University (U.S.A) as well as Program Director for Duke Corporate Education. Her experience is in Program Design, International Client Management, cross-cultural organizational environment assessments, international talent attraction and retention, compensation programs, training needs assessment, training management, and impact of training. She has consulted for clients such as Deutsche Bank, TRW, Ford Motor Company, among others. Her expertise in Higher Education includes as well leading a top MBA program in Latin America. Her work has been featured in CNN, Caribbean Business, Talent Management Magazine, among other publications.
Dr. Chirino received her Ph.D. in Psychology from Universidad Iberoamericana, and also holds an MBA from Univesidad de las Américas, and a Masters in Psychology from Georgia College and State University. Earlier in her career, she also served as the psychologist for the Mexican national rowing team, and contributed to the team winning a silver medal at the 1991 Pan Am Games. She herself is a Pan American games medalist in gymnastics.She combines her experience as an executive, elite athlete and Psychologist to create action learning experiences in online and face to face learning communities.
Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D., in Psychology, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico
Thesis: The relationship of learning styles and laterality in the perception of satisfaction of Computer Mediated Training
Master of Business Administration, MBA, Universidad de las Américas, Mexico
Thesis: Measuring the Impact of training in a Cement Company
Master of Science, M.Sc., in Psychology, Georgia College and State University, Georgia, USA
Bachelor of Arts, B.A., in Psychology, Georgia College and State University, Georgia, USA
Business coaching certification - In Progress
Online teaching certification, ITESM, 1997
Facilitation skills, University of North Carolina, 2001
Cruz Azul Cement Company, México, 1990 – 1993
Training and Development Assistant Manager, 1992-1993
Recruiting and Selection Specialist, 1990 - 1992
Psychologist for the Mexican national rowing team, 1990-1992
Developed goal setting, motivation, stress management and behavior modification programs that contributed to obtaining the silver medal at the Pan American Games.
International School of Management, Paris, France, 2009 – present
Professor, IEMBA Program
Laureate Higher Education, Center for International Programs, 2007-present
Executive Director, 2007 – present
Faculty Chair, PhD program in Organizational Psychology and M.S. program in Organizational Development, 2005 – 2007
Academic Reviewer, chaired theses and Dissertations
Duke Corporate Education. 2000-2002
Program Director; Founding member of DukeCE
Designed on line and traditional Executive Education programs world wide
Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, 1999 – 2000
Assistant Dean, Executive Education Program
Monterrey Institute of Technology, México (ITESM), 1993 – 1999
Head of the Management and Psychology Departments, 1996 - 1999
Professor of online and traditional courses in Introduction to Psychology, Organizational Psychology, and Human Resources.
MBA Program Director, ranked highest in Latin America in 1998
International Programs Coordinator, 1993 - 1996
- Biweekly contributor for Hire-Diversity and Hispanic Business magazines.
- Monthly contributor for Poder360. Online magazine on Management and Organizational Behavior topics.
- Boumedine, M., Chirino-Barceló, F.I. & Espinoza, E. A Formal Approach to the EMI Model and Case Study,” Journal of Telecommunications, in press.
- McDaniel, W.F., Schmidt, M.S. Davis, B., & Chirino-Barceló. (1992).The influences of ACTH 4-9 upon avoidance and spatial learning following lateral peristrate and parietal injuries, in .Modern and Novel Approaches to the Treatment of Alzheimer´s Disease, Editors: E.M.Meyer, J. Simpkins and J. Yamamoto, Plenum Press, New York.
- Schmidt, M.S., Chirino-Barceló, F.I. & McDaniel, W.F.(1992). An ORG 9308 Fails to Improve Visual Functions in Rats with Occipital Lesions. Neuroreport. Journal of Behavioral Research, 29-32.
- Samperio, R. & Chirino-Barceló, F.I. (1992). Stop Sexual Aggression: Behavioral Consequences of Rape in Children, Diana, México.
- Chirino-Klevans. F.I. (2010). Will deliver a key note speaker presentation at the First HETS international Best Practices in Online Education Conference. Topic:” Maintaining students engaged: Virtual learning communities, what we have learned”. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Chirino-Klevans, F.I. (2009) . Culture-friendly online tools for Higher Education. Online Education Symposium. University of Texas. U.S.A
- Chirino-Klevans,F.I. (2008) Learning Styles in the online environment: Accommodating teaching to learner’s needs. Keynote speech delivered at the 1st HETS conference. San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Chirino-Klevans, F.I. (2009) Cross-cultural dimensions in the online learning environment. A paper presented at the NAFSA Annual International Conference. Los Angeles, CA.
- Chirino-Barceló, F.I., (1998). Using the Learning Space to Teach a Redesigned Organizational Psychology Course. The 9th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Chirino-Barceló, F.I., Boumedine, M. & Romero, M.C. (1997). Case Base System for Training Students on Situational Leadership. The 8th. International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, Jacksonville, Fla..
- Boumedine, M., Chirino-Barceló, F.I. & Espinoza, E.(1996). A Formal Approach to the EMI Model and Case Study. The International Congress on Multimedia and Hypermedia. USA.
- Boumedine, M., Chirino-Barceló, F.I. & Espinoza, E. (1996). Towards the Definition of an Intelligent Tutoring System as an Aid for the Database Design Courses. The XIII International Congress on Educational Technology, Boston, U.S.A.
- Boumedine, M. & Chirino-Barceló, F.I., (1995). An Expert System for Implementing a Manufacturing Training Program. The 3rd. International Conference in Robotics and Manufacturing, Cancun, Mexico.
- Scmidt, M.S., McDaniel, W.F, & Chirino Barceló, F.I. (1992). ACTH 4-9 Effects Upon Retention of a Black and White Pattern Discrimination in Rats with Bilateral Neocortical Ablations, 83rd. Annual Meeting of the Society for Philosophy and Psychology, Atlanta, Ga. March 28-30.
- McDaniel, W.F., Davall, E.J., Waters, P.E., Schmidt, M.S. and Chirino Barceló, F.I.(1989). The Influences of ACTH 4-9 Analog Upon Learning in Neocorticarl Injuries,” The International Conference on the Neurobiology of Aging: Novel Models and Treatments for Alzheimer´s Disease, St. Petesburg, Fla.
- McDaniel, W.F., M.S.Schmidt, B.K. Davis, F.I.Chirino-Barceló, F.I., and Weaver , T.L. (1989). ACTH 4-9 Analog and Learning in Normal and Injured Rats. Conference on Neuroscience Functions, Johns Hopkins Medical School, Baltimore, MD.
- Teaching Awards (1996,1997, 1998)
- 1984-1988 Athletic Scholarship for gymnastics.
- 1988-1990 Academic Scholarship
- Award for Academic Excellence
- Outstanding Major Award
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- Pan American Games and Central American Games medalist in gymnastics