Dr. Tewelde Mezgobo Ghrmay has over 19 years of teaching, training and community-based consultancy and research experience at the College of Business and Economics of Mekelle University, Ethiopia. He obtained his BA in Management and Public Administration and his MBA from the Addis Ababa University, and his PhD in International Business Management from the International School of Management in Paris. His doctoral dissertation was on “New Public Management and Path Dependence in Public Organizations in Ethiopia: A Multiple Case Study,” supervised by Professor Daphne Halkias. So far, he has published five of his doctoral-level working papers, which have been rated in the top 10% based on downloads by SSRN in 2019.
Early in his career, Dr. Ghrmay offered training on various management topics including HR, budgeting, and materials management to the Tigray Regional State, the Ministries of Defense Northern and Central Commands, and the Ministry of Revenue among others. He has also consulted on strategic planning and organizational structure for such clients as HerFil General Trading Plc., Zamra Construction Plc., and Afar Water Works Construction Enterprise. During his time at the College of Business and Economics of Mekelle University, he has served as Head of the Technical Committee for Administrative Reform, Head of the Department of Management, and Vice Dean.
- Ghrmay, T. M. (2015). Multimedia tools in the design of a business process reengineering course based on brain based teaching: A case study on MBA program in Mekelle University, Ethiopia. Journal of Management and Science, 5(2), 56-66.
- Ghrmay, T. M. (2017). Tesco: Losing ground in the UK case analysis. European Journal of Business and Management, 9(34), 109-117.
- Ghrmay, T. M. (2018). Teaching and the human brain: A report on strategic interventions in curriculum redesign for MBA program in Mekelle University. Journal of Management and Science, 8(1), 76-87.
- Ghrmay, T. M. (2019). Leadership skills, styles, characteristics and behaviours of Mohammed Lalle. Int. J. Teaching and Case Studies, 10(1), 53-71.
- Ghrmay, T. M. (2019). New public management and path dependence in public organizations in Ethiopia: A multiple case study. Int. J. Teaching and Case Studies, 10(3), 288-305.
- Presented a paper titled “New Public Management and Path Dependence in Public Organizations in Ethiopia: A Multiple Case Study” in 2018 at a national conference on “The quest for leadership and governance in building a democratic developmental state”
- Presented a paper titled “Challenges and Opportunities in the Oil Seeds and Grains Productions in Humera: A Multiple Case Study” in 2018 at a national workshop on challenges and opportunities of oil seeds and grains productions in Humera.
- Strategic Management, HR Management, Mathematics for Management, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, Leadership & Change Management, Business Communication, Business Research Methods, Marketing Management, International Market Entry & Distribution, International CSR, Public Policy Formulation & Implementation, and Public Private Partnership among others, College of Business and Economics of Mekelle University, Ethiopia
- Introduction to Management, Ministry of Defense Logistic Academy, Ethiopia
- Principal investigator of Norad research: “The practice of adopting strategic management in local authorities of Tigrai region”
- Co-investigator of research on “Commercialization of small scale agriculture: Cash crop production effect on household welfare, technical efficiency and power relation of the family in the case of Were Baye Tabia of Raya Azebo district in Southern Tigray”